Setting up alerts on IET Digital Library
You can create alerts to receive an email notification when new articles or publications become available on IET Digital Library.
You will need to log in to your personal account to be able to set up your own alerts.
Publication alerts notify you by email when a new issue or a new article of a journal or magazine becomes available.
To create a publication alert:
- If you have not done so, log in to your personal account using the login form on the right hand side of the page.
- Go to the journal homepage for which you wish to receive an email alert.
- Click ‘Create email alert’ under the Tools section on the right hand side of the page. (If you are not logged in then you will be prompted to do so).
An alert will then be set up. To unsubscribe, click the ‘Remove email alert’ link on the right hand side of the page.
To subscribe to multiple publication alerts:
- Click ‘My account’ on the right hand side of the page.
- Click ‘Add new publication alerts’ from the My account page to see to the list of journals and book titles.
- Tick the subscribe box beside the desired publication name and choose the frequency of the alerts from the drop down menu (immediate, daily, weekly or monthly).
- Click the 'Add' button to complete the subscription. Note that you must always click ‘Add’ to save your publication alerts before navigating to another page.
A Search alert notifies you by email when a stored search retrieves new results. You must first save a search in order to set up a search alert.
- Log into your personal account
- Search using the search bar at the top, or via the Advanced Search option.
- Click the ‘Save search’ link on the right hand side of the search results page.
- You will be presented with the search history from the current session.
- Tick the checkbox next to the search for which you wish to set up an alert.
- Use the dropdown menu to select where you wish to save the search. Click ‘Save’.
- You will be re-directed to ‘Saved searches’. Tick the ‘Receive email alert?’ checkbox against the search.
- Click ‘Save changes’.
Managing your alerts
When you are logged in, click on the ‘My account’ link on the right hand side of the page.
Scroll down to the ‘Searches, favourites & alerts’ section of the page. This will list the types of alert you can manage.
Click the alert type you wish to manage:
- Manage site alerts
- View current publication alerts/add new publication alerts
- Search alerts
You will then be able to modify or delete any alerts you have already created.