Theory of loaded scatterers
A general formulation is given for the problem of electromagnetic scattering by an object having N terminal pairs (or ports) to which N loads or an N-port network is connected. The theory is applicable to back scattering and bistatic scattering, reciprocal and nonreciprocal media, near-field and far-field scattering and passive and active loads. The representation is made in terms of both open-circuit impedance parameters and short-circuit admittance parameters. Variational formulas for all parameters are given. Specialisation to the case of planewave scattering is made. Relationships between scattering parameters and commonly defined antenna parameters are given. Several examples of applications of the theory are included.
- R.W.P. King , T.T. Wu . (1959) , The scattering and diffraction of waves.
- J.H. Richmond . A modulated scattering technique for measurement of field distributions. IRE Trans
- M.K. Hu . On measurement of Ē and H̅ field distributions by using modulated scattering methods. IRE Trans
- R.F. Harrington . Small resonant scatterers and their use for field measurements. IRE Trans
- Garbacz, R.J.: Communication on work done, Ohio State University, Antenna Laboratory.
- J.L. Ryerson . Scatter echo area enhancement. Proc. Inst. Radio Engrs
- R.H. Dicke , C.G. Montgomery , R.H. Dicke , E.M. Purcell . (1948) , Principles of microwave circuits.
- Y.Y. Hu . Back-scattering cross section of a center-loaded cylindrical antenna. IRE Trans
- B.-O. Ås , H.J. Schmitt . Back-scattering cross section of reactively loaded cylindrical antennas. Elteknik
- R.F. Harrington . (1961) , Time harmonic electromagnetic fields.
- R.F. Harrington . Electromagnetic scattering by antennas. IEEE Trans
- H.T. Friis . A note on a simple transmission formula. Proc. Inst. Radio Engrs
- Forgione, J., Calucci, E., Blank, C.: `The application of tunnel diodes to a reflecting antenna array', Report RADC-TDR-63-4, January 1963.
- R.F. Harrington . Field measurements using active scatterers. IEEE Trans
- G. Brown , R. King . High frequency models in antenna investigations. Proc. Inst. Radio Engrs
- L. Weinberg . New techniques for modifying monostatic and multistatic radar cross sections. IEEE Trans