EPR quantum key distribution protocols with potential 100% qubit efficiency
Public discussion is a useful way for quantum key distribution protocols to reveal the presence of eavesdroppers. However, to ensure better security, nearly 50% of the transmitted qubits are spent in public discussions. Consequently, the original EPR quantum key distribution protocol provides only 25% qubit efficiency and Deng et al.'s scheme delivers only 50% qubit efficiency. By bringing classical cryptographic techniques into the quantum arena, this work proposes EPR quantum key distribution protocols with a potential of 100% qubit efficiency.
- Bennett, C.H., Brassard, G.: `Quantum cryptography: public key distribution and coin tossing', Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computers, Systems and Signal Processing, 1984, Bangalore, India, p. 175–179.
- A.K. Ekert . Quantum cryptography based on Bell's theorem. Phys. Rev. Lett.
- C.H. Bennett . Quantum cryptography using any two nonorthogonal states. Phys. Rev. Lett.
- M.A. Neilsen , I.L. Chuang . (2000) Quantum computation and quantum information.
- F.-G. Deng , G.-L. Long , Y. Wang , L. Xiao . Increasing the efficiencies of random-choice-based quantum communication protocols with delayed measurement. Chin. Phys. Lett. , 2097 - 2100
- G.L. Long , X.S. Liu . Theoretically efficient high-capacity quantum-key-distribution scheme. Phys. Rev. A , 032302/1 - 3.
- X. Li . Efficient quantum key distribution scheme using the Bell state measurement. Int. J. Modern Phys. C , 757 - 763
- D. Deutsch , A. Ekert , R. Jozsa , C. Macchiavello , S. Popescu , A. Sanpera . Quantum privacy amplification and the security of quantum cryptography over noisy channels. Phys. Rev. Lett. , 2818 - 2821
- N. Metwally , A.S. Obada . More efficient purifying scheme via controlled-controlled not gate. Phys. Lett. A , 45 - 48
- Yamamura, A., Ishizuka, H.: `Error detection and authentication in quantum key distribution', Proc. 6th Australasian Conf. on Information Security and Privacy, 2001, p. 260–273, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci., 2119.
- F.J. MacWilliams , N.J.A. Sloane . (1977) The theory of error-correcting codes.
- Damgard, I.B.: `Collision free hash functions and public key signature schemes', Proc. Advances in Cryptology – Eurocrypt'87, 1987, p. 203–216, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci., 304.