Recovery of linear harmonic oscillation from nonlinear regime in nano-resonators
A method of controlling the nonlinearity of nano-resonators without additional complicated systems is presented. With increasing electrothermal power, the critical amplitude up to which the resonators display linear harmonic oscillation increases. Using this technique, the resonator driven into the nonlinear regime can be recovered back into the linear range.
- X.M.H. Huang , C.A. Zorman , M. Mehregany , M.L. Roukes . Nanodevice motion at microwave frequencies. Nature
- I. Kozinsky , H.W.Ch. Postma , I. Bargatin , M.L. Roukes . Tuning nonlinearity, dynamic range, and frequency of nanomechanical resonators. Appl. Phys. Lett , 25
- Gao, D., Wijesundara, M.B.J., Carraro, C., Low, C.W., Howe, R.T., Maboudian, R.: `High modulus polycrystalline 3C-SiC technology for RF mems', 12thInt. Conf. on Solid State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (Transducers'03), June 2003, Boston, MA, USA, p. 1160–1163.
- S.C. Jun , X.M.H. Huang , J. Hone , C.A. Zorman , M. Mehregany . Evaluation of 3C-SiC nanomechanical resonators using room temperature magnetomotive transduction. IEEE Sens. J. , 1042 - 1045
- S.C. Jun , X.M.H. Huang , M. Manolidis , C.A. Zorman , M. Mehregany , M. Hone . Electrothermal tuning of Al–SiC nanomechanical resonators. Nanotechnology , 1506 - 1511
- H.W.Ch. Postma , I. Kozinsky , A. Husain , M.L. Roukes . Dynamic range of nanotube- and nanowire-based electromechanical systems. Appl. Phys. Lett , 22
- S. Zaitsev , R. Almog , O. Shtempluck , E. Buks . Nonlinear damping in nanomechanical beam oscillator.