1500 km transmission over NZ-DSF without in-line or post-compensation of dispersion for 38×10.7 Gbit/s channels
Dispersion-limited DWDM transmission at 10.7 Gbit/s with 38 channels at the worst-case long-wavelength end of the C-band is demonstrated up to 1500 km without optical in-line or post-compensation. Duobinary modulation, MLSE-EDC, and NZ-DSF are combined to achieve practical distances with a simple system well-suited to optical networking.
- McGhan, D., Laperle, C., Savchenko, A., Li, C., Mak, G., O'Sullivan, M.: `5120 km RZ-DPSK transmission over G652 fiber at 10 Gb/s with no optical dispersion compensation', PDP27, OFC 2005, March 2005, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Killey, R.I., Watts, P.M., Mikhailov, V., Glick, M., Bayvel, P.: `Electronic dispersion compensation by signal predistortion using a dual-drive Mach-Zehnder modulator', OThJ2, OFC 2005, March 2005, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- S. Kuwano , K. Yonenaga , K. Iwashita . 10 Gbit/s repeaterless transmission experiment of optical duobinary modulated signal. Electron. Lett. , 1359 - 1361
- D. Mahgerefteh , Y. Matsui , C. Liao , B. Johnson , D. Walker , X. Zheng , Z.F. Fan , K. McCallion , P. Tayebati . Error-free 250 km transmission in standard fibre using compact 10 Gbit/s chirp-managed directly modulated lasers (CML) at 1550 nm. Electron. Lett. , 543 - 544
- Faerbert, A.: `Application of digital equalization in optical transmission systems', OTuE5, OFC 2006, March 2006, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Downie, J.D., Sauer, M., Hurley, J.: `Flexible 10.7 Gb/s DWDM transmission over up to 1200 km without optical in-line or post-compensation of dispersion using MLSE-EDC', JThB5, OFC 2006, March 2006, Anaheim, CA, USA.