Highly accurate κ-μ approximation to sum of M independent non-identical Ricean variates
A scheme to approximate the distribution of the sum of M independent, non-identically distributed Ricean random variables by the κ-μ distribution is proposed. To this end, appropriate κ-μ distribution parameters are derived. The summands are assumed to have arbitrary mean powers and arbitrary fading parameters. The differences between exact and approximate distribution curves are almost imperceptible.
- M. Nakagami , W.G. Hoffman . (1960) The , Statistical methods in radio wave propagation.
- G.K. Karagiannidis , S.A. Kotsopoulus . On the distribution of the weighted sum of L independent Rician and Nakagami envelopes in the presence of AWGN. KICS J. Commun. Netw. , 2 , 26 - 30
- D.G. Brennan . Linear diversity combining techniques. IRE , 1075 - 1102
- M.D. Yacoub , C.R.C.M. da Silva , J.E. Vargas B . Second-order statistics for diversity-combining techniques in Nakagami-fading channels. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. , 6 , 1464 - 1470
- A.A. Abu-Dayya , N.C. Beaulieu . Microdiversity on Rician fading channels. IEEE Trans. Commun. , 6 , 2258 - 2267
- N.C. Beaulieu , A.A. Abu-Dayya . Analysis of equal gain diversity on Nakagami fading channels. IEEE Trans. Commun. , 225 - 234
- J. Reig , N. Cardona . Nakagami-m approximate distribution of sum of two Nakagami-m correlated variables. Electron. Lett. , 11 , 978 - 980
- J.C.S. Santos Filho , M.D. Yacoub . Nakagami-m approximation to the sum of M non-identical independent Nakagami-m variates. Electron. Lett. , 15 , 951 - 952
- Yacoub, M.D.: `The κ-μ distribution: a general fading distribution', IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf., October 2001, Atlantic City, NJ, USA, 3, p. 1427–1431.