Detection algorithm and initial laboratory results using V-BLAST space-time communication architecture
The signal detection algorithm of the vertical BLAST (Bell Laboratories Layered Space-Time) wireless communications architecture is briefly described. Using this joint space-time approach, spectral efficiencies ranging from 20–40 bit/s/Hz have been demonstrated in the laboratory under flat fading conditions at indoor fading rates. Early results are presented.
- G.J. Foschini . Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fadingenvironment when using multiple antennas. Bell Lab. Tech. J. , 2 , 41 - 59
- Raleigh, G.G., Cioffi, J.M.: `Spatio-temporal coding for wireless communications', Proc. 1996 IEEE Globecom, November 1996, p. 1809–1814.
- G.J. Foschini , M.J. Gans . On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when usingmultiple antennas. Wirel. Pers. Commun. , 3 , 311 - 335
- G.G. Raleigh , J.M. Cioffi . Spatio-temporal coding for wireless communication. IEEETrans. Commun. , 3 , 357 - 366
- Golden, G.D.: `V-BLAST: Anarchitecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich-scattering wireless channel', Proc. 1998 Int'l Symp. on Advanced Radio Technologies, 9–11 September 1998, Boulder, Colorado.
- Wolniansky, P.W.: `V-BLAST: Anarchitecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich-scattering wireless channel', Proc. IEEE ISSSE-98, 30 September 1998, Pisa, Italy.
- G.H. Golub , C.F. Van Loan . (1989) Matrix computations.
- R.L. Cupo , G.D. Golden , C.C. Martin , K.L. Sherman , N.R. Sollenberger , J.H. Winters , P.W. Wolniansky . A four-element adaptive antenna array for IS-136 PCS base stations. IEEETrans. Veh. Technol.