Decision feedback equalisation of coded I-Q QPSK in mobile radio environments
The bit error rate (BER) performance of equalised I-Q quadrature phase-shift keying (QPSK) is evaluated for wideband cellular systems. Decision feedback equalisation with the square-root Kalman updating algorithm is employed for I-Q coded systems. A gain of about 6 dB is achieved in favour of the I-Q scheme compared with the conventional Gray-mapped QPSK at a BER of 10–3.
- J.G. Proakis . (1995) Digital communications.
- Daria, G., Zingarelli, : `Results on fast-Kalman and Viterbi adaptive equalizersfor mobile radio with CEPT/GSM system characteristics', Proc. IEEE GLOBE-COM, 1988, 2, p. 815–819.
- Al-Semari , T. Fuja . I-Q TCM: Reliable communication over the Rayleighfading channel close to the cutoff rate. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory , 1 , 250 - 262
- F. Hsu . Square root Kalman filtering for high-speed data received over fadingdispersive HF channels. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory , 5 , 753 - 763
- P. Ho , D. Fung . Error performance of interleaved trellis-coded PSK modulationsin correlated Rayleigh fading channels. IEEE Trans. Commun. , 12 , 1800 - 1809