Near Shannon limit performance of low density parity check codes
The authors report the empirical performance of Gallager's low density parity check codes on Gaussian channels. It is shown that performance substantially better than that of standard convolutional and concatenated codes can be achieved; indeed the performance is almost as close to the Shannon limit as that of Turbo codes.
- G. Battail , P. Camion , P. Charpin , S. Harari . (1993) We can think of good codes, and even decode them, Eurocode '92.
- Berrou, C., Glavieux, A., Thitimajshima, P.: `Near Shannon limit error-correcting codingand decoding: Turbo-codes', Proc. 1993 IEEE Int. Conf. Commun., 1993, Geneva, Switzerland, p. 1064–1070.
- Divsilar, D., Pollara, F.: `On the design of turbo codes', TDA 42-123, Technical report, November 1995.
- Forney, C.D.: `Concatenated codes', 37, Technical report, 1966.
- R.G. Gallager . Low density parity check codes. IRE Trans. Info. Theory , 21 - 28
- R.G. Gallager . (1963) Low density parity check codes.
- S.W. Golomb , R.E. Peile , R.A. Scholtz . (1994) Basic concepts in information theory andcoding: The adventures of secret agent 00111.
- MacKay, D.J.C., Neal, R.M.: `Good codes based on very sparse matrices', Cryptography and Coding. 5th IMA Conf., 1995, Springer, Berlin, p. 100–111number 1025 in Lecture Notesin Computer Science, .
- MacKay, D.J.C., and Neal, R.M.: ‘Good error correctingcodes based on very sparse matrices’.
- J. Pearl . (1988) Probabilistic reasoning in intelligent systems: Networks of plausibleinference.