M/D/C queue with priority: application to trunked mobile radio systems
A procedure is presented for estimating the mean waiting time in an M/D/C queue with two levels of nonpre-emptive priority. The approximation gives a maximum relative error of 10% for heavy load and is greater than the simulated results. This makes the procedure useful for evaluating trunked radio systems.
- D. Gross , C.M. Harris . (1974) Fundamentals of queuing theory.
- Chrapkowski, A., Grube, G.: `Mobile trunked radio system design and simulation', IEEE 41st Vehicular Technol. Conf., 1991, p. 245–250.
- Hoang, H., Malhamé, R., Chan, G.: `Traffic engineering of trunked land mobile radio dispatch systems', 41st Vehicular Technol. Conf., 1991, p. 251–256.
- H. Hoang , P. Cohen . A model for channel sharing in land mobile radio dispatch services. IEEE Trans. , 2 , 76 - 85
- L.P. Seelen , H.C. Tijms , M.H. van Horn . (1985) Tables for multi-server queues.
- H.C. Tijms . (1986) Stochastic modelling and analysis: A computational approach.