Performance of erbium-doped fibre amplifier in 16-channel coherent broadcast network
The performance of an erbium-doped fibre amplifier in a 16-channel coherent broadcast network operating at 155Mbit/s has been experimentally investigated. A fibre-tofibre gain of 22 dB at 1540nm allowed simulation of a network that serves 256 end-users over a distance of 102 km.
- Wagner, R.E., Sessa, W.B., Welter, R., Maeda, M.W., Curtis, L., Young, J., Lee, T.P., Nandura, K., Kodera, H., Koga, Y., Barry, J.R.: `16-channel coherent broadcast network at 155 Mb/s', PD12, OFC'89, 6–9 Febuary 1989, Houston
- Shibutani, M., Yamazaki, S., Shimosaka, N., Murata, S., Shikada, M.: `Ten-channel coherent optical FDM broadcasting system', THC2, OFC'89, 6–9 Febuary 1989, Houston
- Braun, R.P., Ludwig, R., Molt, R.: `Ten-channel coherent optic fiber transmission using an optical travelling wave amplifier', ECOC'86, 22–29 September 1986, Barcelona
- Mears, R.J., Reekie, L., Jauncey, I.M., Payne, D.N.: `High gain rare-earth doped fibre amplifier operating at 1.55μm', OFC'87, 19–22 January 1987, Reno
- Desurvire, E., Simpson, J.R., Becker, P.C.: `High gain erbiumdoped travethng-wave fiber amplifier', Opt. Lett., 1987, 12
- 1 onward links are available for this reference.
- Laming, R.I., Reekie, L., Morkel, P.R., Payne, D.N.: `Multi-channel crosstalk and pump noise characterisation of Er3+-doped fibre amplifier pumped at 980nm', Electron. Lett., 1989, 25, p. 455-456
- Welter, R., Laming, R., Vodhanel, R.S., Sessa, W.B., Maeda, M.W., Wagner, R.E.: `Performance of an erbium-doped fiber amplifier in a 16-channel coherent broadcast network experiment', PD-22, CLEO'89, 24–28 April 1989, Baltimore