Continuous-wave oscillation of a monomode ytterbium-doped fibre laser
Laser emission has been observed in a monomode fibre doped with ytterbium. A wide tuning range has been observed, 1.015μm to 1.140μm, when pumped by a dye laser at 840 nm. Diode pumped operation has also been achieved in a cooled fibre.
- H.W. Etzel , H.W. Gandy , R.J. Ginther . Stimulated emission of infra-red radiation from ytterbium activated silicate glass. Appl. Opt. , 534 - 536
- E. Snitzer . Laser emission at 1.06 μm from Nd3+–Yb3+ glass. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 562 - 567
- I.P. Alcock , A.I. Ferguson , D.C. Hanna , A.C. Tropper . Tunable, continuous-wave neodymium-doped monomode-fibre laser operating at 0.900–0.945 and 1.070–1.135 μm. Opt. Lett. , 709 - 711
- L. Reekie , R.J. Mears , S.B. Poole , D.N. Payne . Tunable single-mode fibre lasers. J. Lightwave Technol. , 956 - 960
- J.E. Townsend , S.B. Poole , D.N. Payne . Solution-doping-technique for fabrication of rare-earth doped optical fibres. Electron. Lett. , 329 - 331
- D.C. Hanna , R.G. Smart , P.J. Suni , A.I. Ferguson , M.W. Phillips . Measurement of fibre laser losses via relaxation oscillations. Opt. Comm.