Single-longitudinal-mode operation of DFB lasers in gain-switched operating conditions
Single-longitudinal-mode operation under a gain-switched condition, generating 20 ps optical pulses, has been attained in DFB lasers emitting at 1.3 μm wavelength. It has been clarified that Δλ, which is the difference between the DFB wavelength and the gain peak wavelength, plays an important role in stable single-mode operation. The optimum range of Δλ was found to be in the range from −15 nm to 0 nm.
- N. Onodera , H. Ito , H. Inaba . Generation and control of bandwidth-limited, single-mode picosecond optical pulses by strong RF modulation of a distributed feedback InGaAsP diode laser. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 568 - 575
- A. Takada , T. Sugie , M. Saruwatari . High-speed picosecond optical pulse compression from gain-switched 1.3-μm distributed feedback-laser diode (DFB-LD) through highly dispersive single-mode fiber. J. Lightwave Technol. , 1525 - 1533
- Lee, Y.T., Shimizu, A., Tanaka, I., Kamiya, T.: `Gain-switched distributed feedback laser suitable for ultrafast optical trigger', Paper B-3-4, 19th conference on solid state devices and materials, 1987, Tokyo, p. 111–114.
- H. Ishikawa , H. Soda , K. Wakao , K. Kihara , K. Kamite , Y. Kotaki , M. Matsuda , H. Sudo , S. Yamakoshi , S. Isozumi , H. Imai . Distributed feedback laser emitting at 1.3 μm for gigabit communication systems. J. Lightwave Technol. , 848 - 855
- K. Kamite , H. Sudo , M. Yano , H. Ishikawa , H. Imai . Ultra-high speed InGaAsP/InP DFB lasers emitting at 1.3 μm wave-length. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 1054 - 1058
- M. Yano , Y. Kotaki , H. Ishikawa , S. Yamakoshi , H. Imai , T. Chikama , T. Touge . Extremely low-noise facet-reflectivity controlled InGaAsP distributed-feedback lasers. J. Lightwave Technol. , 1454 - 1459
- S. Ogita , M. Hirano , H. Soda , M. Yano , H. Ishikawa , H. Imai . Dependence of spectral linewidth of DFB lasers on facet reflectivity. Electron. Lett. , 347 - 348
- Kamite, K., Kihara, K., Ishikawa, H., Imai, H.: `Single-longitudinal-mode operation of DFB lasers in gain-switched operating conditions', Paper THK3, OFC '88, 1988, New Orleans, p. 178.