Design and analysis of a novel polarisation splitting directional coupler
We present a novel polarisation splitting directional coupler configuration consisting of two interacting optical waveguides with a thin layer of metal between the two waveguides. Using Ghatak et al.'s recently developed matrix method we show that the proposed device has extinction ratios of about −31 dB and throughput loss less than 0.1 dB.
- G. Stewart , W. Johnstone , B. Culshaw , T. Hart . , Surface plasmon resonance in thin metal films for optical fibre devices.
- A.W. Snyder , A. Stevenson . Polarization splitters and birefringent couplers. Electron. Lett. , 75 - 77
- K.S. Chiang . Birefringent-fiber polarization splitters. Electron. Lett. , 908 - 909
- M.S. Yataki , D.N. Payne , M.P. Varnham . All-fiber polarizing beam splitter. Electron. Lett. , 249 - 251
- A.K. Ghatak , K. Thyagarajan , M.R. Shenoy . Numerical analysis of planar optical waveguides using matrix method. J. Lightwave Technol. , 660 - 667