Electronically tunable external-cavity semiconductor laser
We have demonstrated electronic tunability of 35 nm in an external cavity GaAs semiconductor laser by using an acousto-optic (AO) tunable filter and an AO modulator inside the cavity. Tuning is accomplished by varying only the drive frequency of the AO devices.
- Over 720GHz (5.8 nm) continuous wavelength tuning of 1.5 μm wavelength tunable DBR laser
- 10kHz linewidth 1.5μm InGaAsP external cavity laser with 55nm tuning range
- Single-mode, high-power GaAlAs/GaAs lasers
- Electronically tunable acousto-optic filter
- Acousto-optic TeO2 tunable filter using far off-axis anistroptic Bragg diffraction
- Electronic tuning of a dye laser using the acousto-optic filter