New focusing and dispersive planar component based on an optical phased array
A novel focusing and dispersive component is presented which is based on a phased array of bent optical waveguides. It combines good optical properties with small dimensions and can be realised with (high-quality) optical lithography. Applications are (de)multiplexers, wavelength filters and polarisation splitters.
- D.B. Anderson , R.L. Davis , J.T. Boyd , R.R. August . Comparison of optical-waveguide lens technologies. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 275 - 282
- G. Hatakoshi , H. Inoue , K. Naito , S. Umegaki , S. Tanaka . Optical waveguide lenses. Opt. Acta , 961 - 968
- T. Suhara , H. Nishihara . Integrated optics components and devices using periodic structures. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 845 - 867
- M.K. Smit , C.J. van der Laan , G.A. Acket . Al2O3-filmS for integrated optics. Thin Solid Films , 171 - 181
- Smit, M.K.: `Sputtered planar optical waveguides', Sensors & Actuators, Procs. S&A Symposium of the Twente University of Technology, 30–31 October 1986, Enschede Netherlands, p. 45–55.