Definition of artificially soft and hard surfaces for electromagnetic waves
The widely used transversely corrugated surfaces and other alternative surfaces having the same anisotropic surface impedance deserve a common name. Here it is proposed to call them soft surfaces by analogy with the soft surfaces in acoustics. In the same way artificially hard surfaces are defined. Cylindrical hard waveguides of any cross-sectional shape can support TEM waves.
- A.J. Simmons , A.F. Kay . (1966) The scalar feed—a high-performance feed for large paraboloid reflectors, Design and Construction of Large Steerable Aerials.
- V.H. Rumsey . Horn antennas with uniform power patterns around their axes. IEEE Trans. , 656 - 658
- H.C. Minnett , B.M. Thomas . A method of synthesizing radiation patterns with axial symmetry. IEEE Trans. , 654 - 656
- P.J.B. Clarricoats , P.K. Saha . Propagation and radiation behaviour of corrugated feed. Part 1—Corrugated-waveguide feed. Proc. IEE , 1167 - 1176
- C.M. Knop , Y.B. Chang , E.L. Ostertag . Performance of corrugated and dielectric-loaded metallic-conical horns. Electron. Lett. , 23 , 1253 - 1254
- C.M. Knop , Y.B. Cheng , E.L. Ostertag . On the fields in a conical horn having an arbitrary wall impedance. IEEE Trans. , 1092 - 1098
- S.F. Mahmoud , M.S. Aly . A new version of dielectric lined waveguide with low cross-polar radiation. IEEE Trans. , 210 - 212
- E. Lier , T. Schaug-Pettersen . he strip-loaded hybrid-mode feed horn. IEEE Trans.
- M.S. Aly , S.F. Mahmoud . Propagation and radiation behaviour of a longitudinally slotted horn with dielectric-filled slots. IEE Proc. H, Microwaves, Antennas & Propag. , 477 - 479
- P.-S. Kildal . The hat feed: A dual-mode rear-radiating waveguide antenna having low cross polarization. IEEE Trans. , 1010 - 1016
- Lier, E., Kildal, P.-S.: `A novel type of high-gain horn antennas', ICAP 87, 30 March–2 April 1987, York, IEE Conference Publication 274, p. 431–433.