Humidity-sensing effects of optical fibres with microporous SiO2 cladding
Experiments are conducted in which humidity is measured using optical fibres with microporous SiO2 cladding. The optical fibre is found to possess the characteristics of a relative humidity sensor, and is suitable for multipoint measurement employing optical time domain reflectometry techniques.
- T.G. Giallorenzi , J.A. Bucaro , A. Dandridge , G.H. Sigel , J.H. Cole , S.C. Rashleigh , R.G. Priest . Optical fiber sensor technology. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 626 - 665
- Scheggi, A.M.: `Optical fiber sensors of chemical parameters for industrial and medical applications', Technical digest of 4th international conference on optical fibre sensors, 1986, Tokyo, p. 117–126.
- Kist, R.: `Fiber-optic sensors for networks', Technical digest of 4th international conference on optical fibre sensors, 1986, Tokyo, p. 209–225.
- H. Tanaka , T. Fujii , N. Tada , N. Ueyama . A new method for measuring local humidity with optical fibers. Trans. Soc. Instrument & Control Eng. , 423 - 427
- A.P. Russel , K.S. Fletcher . Optical sensor for the determination of moisture. Anal. Chim. Acta , 209 - 216