Simple block-effect reduction method for image coding with vector quantisation
In the letter we present a very simple algorithm for reducing block effects in vector quantisation image coding. The proposed method of symmetrical ordering neither requires redundant side information nor shows a performance degradation. On the other hand, simulations indicate significant reduction of block effects.
- R.M. Gray . Vector quantization. IEEE ASSP Mag. , 4 - 29
- M. Miyahara , K. Kotani . Block distortion in orthogonal transform coding—analysis, minimization, and distortion measure. IEEE Trans. , 90 - 96
- H.C. Reeve , J.S. Lim . Reduction of block effects in image coding. Opt. Eng. , 34 - 37
- N.B. Nil . A visual model weighted cosine transform for image compression and quality assessment. IEEE Trans. , 551 - 557
- Y. Linde , A. Buzo , R.M. Gray . An algorithm for vector quantizer design. IEEE Trans. , 84 - 95
- P.M. Farrelle , A.K. Jain . Recursive block coding—a new approach to transform coding. IEEE Trans. , 161 - 179