Flat passband birefringent wavelength-division multiplexers
Birefringent filter synthesis techniques are demonstrated to achieve very flat channel passbands for wavelength-division multiplexers. The crystal thickness and birefringence can be used to scale a given design to very small channel separations, limited primarily by the spectra of the lasers and their drift. Experimental results are reported, with typical optical crosstalk values of –19 dB.
- P. Melman , W.J. Carlsen , B. Foley . Tunable birefringent wavelength-division multiplexer/demultiplexer. Electron. Lett. , 634 - 635
- Foley, B., Carlsen, W.J., Melman, P.: `Tunable multiplexer/demultiplexer', Technical digest, IOOC-ECOC'85, p. 889–892.
- E.O. Ammann . (1971) Synthesis of optical birefringent networks, Progress in optics IX.
- A. Oppenheim , R. Schafer . (1975) , Digital signal processing.
- R.C. Jones . J. Opt. Soc. Am.. J. Opt. Soc. Am. , 488 - 493