Fabrication and characterisation of circularly birefringent helical fibres
A technique for fabricating helical-core circularly birefringent fibres is reported. Extremely high levels of circular birefringence are achieved (B = 2.1 × 10-4 at 633 nm). Because of its unique structure, this fibre remains single-mode up to V values of 25.
- Fabrication of polarisation maintaining fibres using gas-phase etching
- Current sensors using highly birefringent bow-tie fibres
- Circularly birefringent single-mode optical fibres
- Varnham, M.P., Birch, R.D., Payne, D.N.: `Design of helicalcore circularly birefringent fibres', Proceedings of OFC, 1986, Atlanta, USA, p. 68
- The rotation of polarisation in low birefringence monomode fibres due to geometric effects