Costas loop self-homodyne experiment for a diode laser receiver
An optical Costas loop self-homodyne experiment with semiconductor lasers at 0.82 μm is reported. Phase synchronisation and signal demodulation for suppressed-carrier phase-shift keying modulation at 40 Mbit/s are demonstrated.
- H.K. Philipp , A.L. Scholtz , E. Bonek , W.R. Leeb . Costas loop experiment for a 10.6 μm communications receiver. IEEE Trans. , 1000 - 1002
- K. Kikuchi , T. Okoshi , M. Nagamatsu , N. Henmi . Degradation of bit-error rate in coherent optical communications due to spectral spread of the transmitter and the local oscillator. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. , 1024 - 1033
- L.G. Kazovsky . Balanced phase-locked loops for optical homodyne receivers: performance analysis, design considerations, and laser linewidth requirements. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. , 182 - 195
- Y. Wang . A fibre optical 90° hybrid at 0.82μm. Appl. Opt.
- F.M. Gardner . (1967) , Phaselock techniques.