Demonstration of a narrowband Bragg-reflection filter in a single-mode fibre directional coupler
A narrowband wavelength-selective optical fibre directional coupler has been fabricated by etching a diffraction grating directly into the cladding region of a single-mode fibre. This device exhibits efficient (25%) interfibre Bragg reflection with a 6 Å bandwidth at 1.52 μm.
- H. Ishio , J. Minowa , K. Nosu . Review and status of wavelength-division-multiplexing technology and its application. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol.
- Sorin, W.V., Shaw, H.J.: `Single-mode fibre evanescent grating reflector', Technical digest, third international conference on optical fibre sensors, 1984, p. 132.
- M.S. Yataki , D.N. Payne , M.P. Varnham . All-fibre wavelength filters using concatenated fused-taper couplers. Electron. Lett. , 248 - 249
- M.S. Whalen , K.L. Walker . In-line optical-fibre filter for wavelength multiplexing. Electron. Lett. , 724 - 725
- M. Digonnet , H.J. Shaw . Wavelength multiplexing in single-mode fibre couplers. Appl. Opt.
- C. Elachi , C. Yeh . Frequency selective coupler for integrated optics systems. Opt. Commun.
- P. Yeh , H.F. Taylor . Contradirectional frequency-selective couplers for guided-wave optics. Appl. Opt.