High-speed and high-coding-gain Viterbi decoder with low power consumption employing SST (scarce state transition) scheme
A high-speed and high-coding-gain Viterbi decoder LSI with low power consumption is developed using CMOS master-slice LSI. By employment of the SST (scarce state transition) scheme, this LSI achieves a good Pe performance (4.2 dB net coding gain at Pe = 1 × 10-6), drastic reduction of power consumption and number of gates with low development costs.
- A.J. Viterbi . Convolutional codes and their performance in communication systems. IEEE Trans. , 751 - 772
- Kato, S., Samejima, S., Morihiro, Y.: `Loop network system using single-beam TDMA satellite', 14, Proc. of 14th international symposium on space technology and science, 1984.
- Orndorff, R.M., Chou, P.C., Kremarik, J.D., Closeworthy, R.J., Doak, T.W., Koralek, R.: `Viterbi decoder VLSI integrated circuit for bit error correction', IEEE NTC'81, 1981.
- Hoppes, P.E.C., McCallister, R.D.: `A monolithic CMOS maximum-likelihood convolutional decoder for digital communication systems', IEEE ISSCC'82, Session II, 1982.
- S. Kubota , T. Kohri , S. Kato . A scarce state transition type Viterbi decoder. Trans. IECE Jpn. , 38 - 45