Low-threshold tunable CW and Q-switched fibre laser operating at 1.55 μm
A new single-mode fibre laser source is described. The laser is tunable over 25 nm in the wavelength region of 1.55 μm and produces in excess of 2 W peak power in a Q-switched mode.
- Neodymiumdoped silica single-mode fibre lasers
- Reekie, L., Mears, R.J., Poole, S.B., Payne, D.N.: `Tunable Nd-doped fibre lasers', Postdeadline paper, European conference on optical communication, 1985, Venice
- Q-switched operation of a neodymium-doped monomode fibre laser
- Fabrication of low-loss optical fibres containing rare-earth ions
- Mears, R.J., Reekie, L., Poole, S.B., Payne, D.N.: `Rare-earth doped fibre lasers', To be presented at the optical fibre communication (OFC) conference, February 1986, Atlanta, GA