Picosecond optical pulse compression from gain-switched 1.3 μm distributed-feedback laser diode through highly dispersive single-mode fibre
The first demonstration to compress the linearly chirped optical pulses from a gain-switched distributed-feedback laser diode (DFB-LD) is described at 1.3 μm wavelength. By travelling through a highly dispersive single-mode fibre with 48 ps/nm normal dispersion, a 26 ps (FWHM) pulse having red-shift frequency chirping of 85 GHz (FWHM) is compressed to 8.3 ps with the time-bandwidth product of 0.71.
- H. Ito , H. Yokoyama , S. Murata , H. Inaba . Picosecond optical pulse generation from an RF modulated AlGaAs DH diode laser. Electron. Lett. , 738 - 740
- C. Lin , C.A. Burrus , G. Eisenstein , R.S. Tucker , P. Besomi , R.J. Nelson . (1984) , 11.2 GHz picosecond optical pulse generation in gain-switched short-cavity InGaAsP injection lasers by high-frequency direct modulation.
- P.-L. Liu , C. Lin , I.P. Kaminow , J.J. Hsieh . Picosecond pulse generation from InGaAsP lasers at 1.25 and 1.3 μm by electrical pulse pumping. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. , 671 - 674
- M. Yamaguchi , M. Kitamura , I. Mito , S. Murata , K. Kobayashi . Highly efficient single-longitudinal-mode operation of antireflection-coated 1.3 μm DFB-DC-PBH LD. Electron. Lett. , 233 - 235
- T. Miya , M. Nakahara , N. Inagaki . Fabrication of dispersion free VAD single-mode fibers for 1.5 μm wavelength region. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. , 14 - 19
- Tsuchiya, Y., Shinoda, Y.: `Recent developments of streak cameras', Proc. SPIE, January 1985, Los Angeles, 533, (to be published); presented at Laser '85, laser applications in science and engineering, ultrashort pulse spectroscopy and applications.
- K. Iwashita , K. Nakagawa , Y. Nakano , Y. Suzuki . Chirp pulse transmission through a single-mode fibre. Electron. Lett. , 873 - 874
- K.J. Blow , N.J. Doran , B.P. Nelson . All fiber pulse compression at 1.32 μm. Opt. Lett. , 393 - 395