Broad-passband-width optical filter for multi/demultiplexer using a diffraction grating and a retroreflector prism
The letter describes the experimental results of a novel optical filter for a multi/demultiplexer using a diffraction grating and a retroreflector prism. A broader passband width, which is proportional to the difference between the prism base length and the input fibre core diameter, is obtained. The minimum insertion loss is 2.2 dB.
- W.J. Tomlinson . Wavelength multiplexing in multimode optical fibres. Appl. Opt. , 2180 - 2194
- H. Ishio , J. Minowa , K. Nosu . Review and status of wavelength-division-multiplexing technology and its application. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. , 448 - 463
- G. Winzer . Wavelength multiplexing components—A review of single-mode devices and their applications. IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. , 369 - 378
- W.J. Tomlinson , G.D. Aumiller . Optical multiplexer for multimode fiber transmission systems. Appl. Phys. Lett. , 169 - 171
- K. Aoyama , J. Minowa . Low-loss optical demultiplexer for WDM systems in the 0.8 μm wavelength region. Appl. Opt. , 2834 - 2836