Electro-optic sampling with picosecond resolution
The development of an electro-optic sampling system with resolution of better than 2 picoseconds and shot noise limited sensitivity of 11 μV/√Hz is reported. This system has been used to characterise GaAs photodiodes which have exhibited pulsewidths as short as 5.4 picoseconds (full-width-half-maximum).
- P. le Fur , D.N. Auston . A kilovolt picosecond optoelectronic switch and Pockel' cell. Appl. Phys. Lett. , 21 - 23
- J.A. Valdmanis , G. Mourou , C.W. Gabel . Picosecond electro-optic sampling system. Appl. Phys. Lett. , 211 - 212
- K.C. Gupta . (1979) , Microstrip lines and slot lines.
- I.P. Kaminow , E.H. Turner . Electro-optic light modulators. Proc. IEEE , 1374 - 1390
- R.N. Bracewell . (1978) , The Fourier transform and its application.
- WANG, S. Y., and BLOOM, D. M.: ‘100 GHz bandwidth planar GaAs Schottky photodiode’ (unpublished).