Stochastic approximation approach to statistical circuit design
An application of an algorithm of stochastic approximation (SA) to statistical circuit design (yield optimisation) is proposed. Fast initial convergence of the algorithm, typical for all SA methods, has been practically demonstrated. The SA methods offer a theoretical background for the statistical circuit design, which has been lacking in mostly heuristic algorithms developed so far.
- K. Singhal , J.F. Pinel . Statistical design centering and tolerancing using parametric sampling. IEEE Trans. , 692 - 702
- K.J. Antreich , R.K. Koblitz . Design centering by yield prediction. IEEE Trans. , 88 - 95
- Strasz, W., Styblinski, M.A.: `A second derivative Monte Carlo optimization of the production yield', Proc. ECCTD '80, September 1980, 2, , p. 121–131.
- Styblinski, M., Ogrodzki, J., Opalski, L., Strasz, W.: `New methods of yield estimation and optimization and their application to practical problems', Proc. ISCAS-81, 1981, , (invited paper)..
- Styblinski, M.A., Ruszczynski, A.: `Stochastic approximation approach to production yield optimization', 25th Midwest Symp. on circuits and systems, 30–31 August 1982, .
- H. Robbins , S. Monro . A stochastic approximation method. Ann. Math. Stat. , 400 - 407
- J. Kiefer , J. Wolfowitz . Stochastic estimation of the maximum of a regression function. Ann. Math. Stat. , 462 - 466
- H.J. Kushner , D.S. Clark . (1978) , Stochastic approximation methods for constrained and unconstrained systems.
- Ruszczynski, A., Syski, W.: `Stochastic approximation algorithm with gradient averaging', Report no. 1.2.03, 1981, (in Polish).
- A. Ruszczynski , W. Syski . Stochastic approximation algorithm with gradient averaging for constrained problems. IEEE Trans.