Effect of electric fields on long-wavelength response of infra-red detectors
The effect of electric fields on extrinsic semiconductor infrared-detector response at low temperatures is examined quantitatively at wavelengths beyond the zero-field cutoff. General formulas are presented along with numerical results for Si:P and Si:In. These results illustrate the possibility of narrow-bandwidth detection and electronically modulated response.
- P.R. Bratt , R.K. Willardson , A.C. Beer . (1977) Impurity germanium and silicon infrared detectors, Semiconductors and semimetals, Vol. 12, Infrared Detectors II.
- C.R. Mccreight , J.H. Goebel . Infrared charge-injection-device array perfomance. App. Opt. , 3189 - 3196
- S.D. Brotherton , A. Gill , J.M. Shannon , G.J. Parker . Punch-through technique for charge collection in an extrinsic silicon IRCCD. Electron. Lett. , 167 - 168
- M. Martini , T.A. Mcmath . Field dependence of the capture and remission of charge carries by shallow levels in germanium and silicon. Solid State Electron. , 129 - 142
- S. Chaudhuri , D.D. Coon , G.E. Derkits , J.R. Banavar . Rate of field ionization from S states with quantum defect. Phys. Rev. A , 1657 - 1661
- H.B. Bebb , R.A. Chapman . Application of quantum defect techniques to photoionization of impurities in semiconductors. Phys. Chem. Solids , 2087 - 2097
- L. Hostler , R.H. Pratt . Coulomb Green's function in closed form. Phys. Rev. Lett. , 469 - 470
- E. Erdelyi . (1953) , Higher transcendental functions, Vol. 1.
- R.A. Faulkner . Higher donor excited states for prolate-spheroid conduction bands: A reevaluation of silicon and germanium. Phys. Rev. , 713 - 721
- E.O. Kane . Photon broadening of impurity lines. Phys. Rev. , 40 - 42
- J.R. Banavar , D.D. Coon , G.E. Derkits . New charge-storage effect in silicon p-i-n diodes at cryogenic temperatures. Phys. Rev. Lett. , 576 - 579
- J.R. Banavar , D.D. Coon , G.E. Derkits . Low-temperature field ionization of localized impurity levels in semiconductors. Appl. Phys. Lett. , 94 - 96