Frequency-domain approach to model-reduction problem
Model reduction is performed in the frequency domain by matching the first Taylor-series-expansion coefficients of the square magnitude of the original and the approximating transfer functions at suitable frequencies. The method is computationally simple and may lead to a satisfactory approximation while preserving stability and minimum-phase characteristics.
- V. Krishnamurthy , V. Seshadri . A simple and direct method of reducing order of linear systems using Routh approximations in the frequency domain. IEEE Trans. , 797 - 799
- A. Lepschy , U. Viaro . An improvement in the Routh—Padé approximation techniques. Int. J. Control
- P. Gutmann , C.F. Mannerfelt , P. Molander . Contributions to the model reduction problem. IEEE Trans. , 454 - 455
- J. Pal . Stable reduced-order Padé approximants using the Routh—Hurwitz array. Electron. Lett. , 225 - 226
- A. Lepschy , U. Viaro . A note on the model reduction problem. IEEE Trans.