Stigmatically focusing grating coupler
A grating coupler that couples out a spherical wave (stigmatic beam) from a planar optical waveguide is experimentally demonstrated. This kind of grating coupler is formed ho-lographically using two cylindrical waves with mutually perpendicular focal lines.
- A. Katzir , A.C. Livanos , A. Yariv . Chirped-grating output couplers in dielectric waveguides. Appl. Phys. Lett. , 225 - 226
- S.I. Bozhevolnyi , E.M. Zolotov , V.A. Kiselev , A.M. Prokhorov , E.A. Shcherbakov . Focusing diffraction gratings for integrated optics. Pis'ma v Zh. Tekh. Fiz. , 746 - 749
- M. Miller . Chirped diffraction coupler: a holographic approach. Opt. & Quantum Electron.
- P.K. Tien . Method of focusing novel curved-line gratings and their use as reflectors and resonators in integrated optics. Opt. Lett. , 64 - 66
- W.W. Ng , C.-H. Hong , A. Yariv . Holographic interference lithography for integrated optics. IEEE Trans. , 1193 - 1200
- R.J. Collier , C.B. Burchardt , L.H. Lin . (1971) , Optical holography.