Optimum aperture distributions in the presence of blockage
A method is presented for optimising the performance indices of aperture antennas in the presence of blockage. An N-dimensional objective function is formed for maximising the directivity factor of a circular aperture with blockage under sidelobe-level constraints, and is minimised using the simplex search method. Optimum aperture distributions are computed for a circular aperture with blockage of circular geometry that gives the maximum directivity factor under sidelobe-level constraints.
- Design of circular aperture for narrow beam width and low side lobes
- Circular aperture synthesis
- Design of monopulse antenna difference patterns with low side lobes
- Optimum aperture monopulse excitations
- Simplex search method for function minimisation