Optimum aperture distributions in the presence of blockage
A method is presented for optimising the performance indices of aperture antennas in the presence of blockage. An N-dimensional objective function is formed for maximising the directivity factor of a circular aperture with blockage under sidelobe-level constraints, and is minimised using the simplex search method. Optimum aperture distributions are computed for a circular aperture with blockage of circular geometry that gives the maximum directivity factor under sidelobe-level constraints.
- T.T. Taylor . Design of circular aperture for narrow beam width and low side lobes. IEEE Trans. , 17 - 22
- J. Ruze . Circular aperture synthesis. IEEE Trans. , 691 - 694
- E.T. Bayliss . Design of monopulse antenna difference patterns with low side lobes. Bell Syst. Tech. J. , 623 - 650
- S.M. Sanzgiri , J.K. Butler . Optimum aperture monopulse excitations. IEEE Trans. , 275 - 281
- J.A. Nelder , R. Mead . Simplex search method for function minimisation. Comput. J. , 308 - 313