Jointing loss in single-mode fibres
The jointing loss of single-mode fibres is mainly dependent on their numerical apertures, and is largely independent of normalised frequency and fibre diameter. The letter presents simple loss predictions as an aid for practical design work of single-mode fibre joints.
- K. Petermann . Microbending loss in monomode fibres. Electron. Lett. , 107 - 109
- Matsumura, H.: `Jointing loss in single-mode fibres', ESU Report, July 1976.
- D. Marcuse . Loss analysis of single-mode fibre splices. Bell Syst. Tech. J. , 703 - 718
- W.A. Gambling , H. Matsumura . Simple characterisation factor for practical single-mode fibres. Electron. Lett. , 691 - 693
- Gambling, W.A., Matsumura, H.: `Propagation characteristics of curved optical fibres', Post-deadline paper presented at IOOC conference, July 1977, Tokyo.
- W.A. Gambling , D.N. Payne , H. Matsumura , R.B. Dyott . Determination of core diameter and refractive index difference of single-mode fibres by observation of far-field pattern. IEE J. Microwave Opt. & Acoust. , 13 - 17