Fabrication of 3-terminal transferred-electron logic devices by proton bombardment for device isolation
Proton bombardment has been used to convert n GaAs into high-resistivity material. This technique is used for isolating coplanar transferred-electron logic (t.e.l.) devices. The d.c. transfer characteristics of these devices show about 20% current drop. Preliminary experiments indicate that the device propagation delay is of the order of 50 ps.
- H.L. Hartnagel . Pulse communication at microwave bit rates using Gunn domains. Acta Electron.
- T. Sugeta , M. Tanimoto , T. Ikoma , H. Yanai . Characteristics and applications of a Schottky-barrier-gate Gunn effect digital device. IEEE Trans. , 504 - 515
- Mause, K., Schlachetzki, A., Hesse, E., Salow, H.: `Monolithic integration of gallium arsenide-Gunn devices for digital circuits', Proceedings of 4th biennial Cornell electrical engineering conference, 1972, 4, p. 211–223.
- Kataoka, S., Hashizume, N., Kawashima, M., Komamiya, Y.: `High-field domain functional logic devices with multiple control electrodes', Proceedings of 4th biennial Cornell electrical engineering conference, 1972, 4, p. 225–234.
- CAULTON, M.: Private communication..
- W. Kern , R.C. Heim . Chemical vapor deposition of silicate glasses for use with silicon devices. J. Electrochem. Soc. , 562 - 573
- N. Goldsmith , W. Kern . The deposition of vitreous silicon dioxide films from silane. RCA Rev.
- A.G. Foyt , W.T. Lindley , C.M. Wolfe , J.P. Donnelly . Isolation of junction devices in GaAs using proton bombardment. Solid- State Electron. , 209 - 214