High-efficiency proton-isolated GaAs IMPATT diodes
The fabrication and c.w. operation of planar proton-isolated diffused junction and Schottky-barrier GaAs IMPATT diodes are described. The diodes have shown a maximum efficiency of 13.5% and output power of 315 mW in the Q band. Planar diodes appear to be superior to mesa devices formed from identical material.
- Irvin, J.C.: Proceedings of cornell conference on compound semiconductor microwave devices, 1973, USA.
- Murphy, R.A., Lindley, W.T., Peterson, D.F., Foyt, A.G., Wolfe, C.H., Hurwit, C.E., Donnelly, J.P.: `Proton-guarded GaAs IMPATT diodes', Proceedings of symposium on GaAs, 1972, p. 224–230.
- H.C. Casey , M.B. Panish . Reproducible diffusion of 2n into GaAs. AIME Trans. , 406 - 414
- K. Wohlleben , W. Beck . Change of concentration and mobility of charge carriers in GaAs due to irradiation with protons. Z. Natur-forsch. , 1057 - 1071
- J.C. Dyment , J.C. North , L.A. D'Asaro . Optical and electrical properties of proton bombarded p-type GaAs. J. Appl. Phys. , 207 - 213
- S.M. Sze . (1981) , Physics of semiconductor devices.
- N.D. Kenyon . Single-tuned solid-state microwave oscillators. Circuit Theory & Appl. , 387 - 393