Large-time-bandwidth-product surface-wave pulse compressor employing reflective gratings
A novel dispersive delay line with a time-bandwidth product in excess of 1500 has been developed. The device uses the reflection of elastic surface waves from sputter-etched gratings on LiNbO3. This reflective-array compressor is relatively free of the spurious signals which limit the performance of inter-digital transducer arrays.
- Tancrell, R.H., Holland, M.G.: `Acoustic surface wave filters', Proc. Inst. Elec. Electron. Eng., 1971, 59, p. 393-409
- 1 onward links are available for this reference.
- Martin, T.A.: `A new dispersive delay line', Presented at the 1970 IEEE ultrasonics symposium, 21–23 October 1970, San Francisco, Calif.
- Campbell, J.J., Jones, W.R.: `A method for estimating optimal crystal cuts and propagation directions for excitation of piezoelectric surface waves', IEEE Trans., 1968, p. 209-217
- Slobodnik, A.J., Conway, E.D.: `Microwave acoustics handbook', AFCRL-70-0164, 1970
- Williamson, R.C.: `Improved electrostatic probe measurements of elastic surface waves', IEEE Trans., 1972
- Williamson, R.C., Smith, H.L.: `The reflection of elastic surface waves from periodic arrays on LiNbO', Presented at the 1971 IEEE ultrasonics symposium, 1971, Miami Beach, Fla.
- Smith, H.I., Bachner, F.J., Efremow, N.: `A high yield photo-lithographic technique for surface wave devices', J. Electrochem. Soc., 1971, 118, p. 821-825