High-power high-efficiency c.w. Gunn oscillators in X band
Gunn oscillators on diamond heat sinks have produced up to 780 mW c.w. with 5.1% efficiency at 9.9 GHz. The devices were operated in full-height waveguide cavities. Similar devices on copper have produced up to 700 mW with 4.1% efficiency and typical powers of 600 mW with efficiencies of 3.9%. The effect of varying the 2nd-harmonic loading on devices mounted in fully-reduced-height waveguide has also been investigated, but no enhancement in output power at the fundamental frequency was observed.
- High-power c.w. transferred-electron oscillators
- de Bouard, A.: `High-power c.w. operation of Gunn diodes', Presented at the 8th international conference on microwave and optical generation and amplification, 1970, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Operation of transferred-electron oscillators in the ridge-waveguide circuit
- Influence of second-harmonic frequency termination on Gunn-oscillator performance
- Frey, W.: `Influence of the second harmonic voltage component on the operation of a Gunn oscillator', Presented at the 8th international conference on microwave and optical generation and amplification, 1970, Amsterdam, Netherlands