Transverse-mode selection of rotating-mirror Q switched lasers
The TEM00 mode has been selected in a rotating-mirror Q switched Nd +3 : CaWO4 laser by insertion of a slit and an edge into the resonator. Shot-to-shot repeatability was enhanced, and multiple pulsing was suppressed. The same technique has been successfully applied to a CO2 laser.
- Li, T.: `Diffraction loss and selection of modes maser resonators with circular mirrors', Bell Syst. Tech. J., 1965, 44, p. 917-932
- Kogelnik, H., Li, T.: `Laser beams and resonators', Appl. Optics, 1966, 5, p. 1550-1567
- Bjorkolhm, J.E.: `Optical second harmonic generation using a focussed Gaussian beam', Phys. Rev., 1966, 142, p. 126-136
- Wagner, W.G., Lengyel, B.A.: `Evolution of the giant pulse in a laser', J. Appl. Phys., 1963, 34, p. 2040-2046
- Arnold, D.H., Hanna, D.C.: `Measurement of the stimulated emission cross section of Nd3+ in CaWO4', Brit. J. Appl. Phys.
- Findlay, D., Clay, R.A.: `The measurement of internal losses in 4-level lasers', Phys. Lett., 1966, 20, p. 277-278