Transport-based equivalent circuit for semiconductor nanoparticle in terahertz frequency range
By consideration of the physical process of charge carrier motion and lattice polarisation, an equivalent circuit for a semiconductor nano-particle in the terahertz frequency range is obtained. All circuit elements are of electrical nature and can be directly expressed in terms of material parameters. When the generalised admittance of the circuit is multiplied by the intensity of an externally applied field, the total induced dipole moment of the nanoparticle results, which is in good match to that given by field analysis and simulation. The readily obtained polarisability can serve as the basis of analysis for composite structures and aggregates of which the nanoparticle is a constituent.
- N. Yu , Q.J. Wang , M.A. Kats , J.A. Fan , F. Capasso , S.P. Khanna , L. Li , A.G. Davies , E.H. Linfield . Terahertz plasmonics. Electron. Lett. , 26 , s52 - s57
- S. Lo , T. Murphy . Terahertz surface plasmon propagation in nanoporous silicon layers. Appl. Phys. Lett.
- N. Engheta , A. Salandrino , A. Alu . Circuit elements at optical frequencies: nanoinductors, nanocapacitors, and nanoresistors. Phys. Rev. Lett. , 095504 - 1–095504–4
- K. Song , P. Mazumder . An equivalent circuit modeling of an equispaced metallic nanoparticles (MNPs) plasmon wire. IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol. , 3 , 412 - 418
- Shen, T., Wong, T.: `Response of elementary semiconducting structures to a terahertz electric field', Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symp., July 2011, Spokane, WA, USA, p. 1613–1616.
- S. Allen , D. Tsui , R. Logan . Observation of two-dimensional plasmon in silicon inversion layers. Phys. Rev. Lett , 980 - 983