LED wavelength determination sensor system with BiCMOS triple junction photodetector
A sensor system for the wavelength determination of LEDs is presented. The used sensor is a triple junction photodiode which needs no external filters. The sensor is implemented in a standard BiCMOS process without any process modifications. The sensor system is optimised for low analogue complexity and compatibility with mass production in a cost-sensitive environment. A proof of concept sensor system is presented which demonstrates the ability to determine the wavelength of LEDs. The measurements evaluate the linearity of the system and the possibility for a fast calibration in the production environment.
- G.N. Lu , M.B. Chouikha , G. Sou , M. Sedjil . Colour detection using a buried double p-n junction structure implemented in the CMOS process. Electron. Lett. , 6 , 594 - 596
- X. Fang , V.K.S. Hsiao , V.P. Chodavarapu , A.H. Titus , A.N. Cartwright . Colorimetric porous photonic bandgap sensors with integrated CMOS color detectors. IEEE Sens. J. , 3 , 661 - 667
- A. Polzer . Integrated filter-less BiCMOS sensor for RGB-LED color determination. IEEE Sensors , 1937 - 1940
- C. Richard . CMOS buried quad p-n junction photodetector for multi-wavelength analysis. Opt. Express , 3 , 2053 - 2061
- A. Polzer , W. Gaberl , H. Zimmermann . Wavelength detection with integrated filter-less BiCMOS RGB sensor. Electron. Lett. , 10 , 614 - 615
- B.R. Chen , S. Wang , K. Du . The identification of color difference of polychromatic light by silicon color sensor with double PN junction. Sens. Actuators A, Phys. , 72 - 75