Temperature characteristics of Schottky barrier diodes for low-voltage sensing applications
N-type Si Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) have been fabricated in AMI 0.5 µm process. The I-V characteristics have been characterised from −50 to 120°C. The bias voltages for achieving the zero temperature coefficient (ZTC) point were observed to be around 0.6 V, which are much smaller than the voltages for metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effective transistors (MOSFETs) to obtain the same point. A physical model was extracted for the SBDs, demonstrating the low ZTC-point-bias-voltages which are advantageous for low-voltage applications.
- A. Bendali , Y. Audet . A 1-V CMOS current reference with temperature and process compensation. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. , 7 , 1424 - 1429
- I.M. Filanovsky , A. Allam . Mutual compensation of mobility and threshold voltage temperature effects with applications is CMOS circuits. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. , 7 , 876 - 884
- T. Manku , Y. Wang . Temperature-independent output voltage generated by threshold voltage of an NMOS transistor. Electron. Lett. , 12 , 935 - 936
- S. Sankaran , K.O. Kenneth . Schottky barrier diodes for millimeter wave detection in a foundry CMOS porcess. IEEE Electron Device Lett. , 7 , 492 - 494
- R.F. Schmitsdorf , T.U. Kampen , W. Monch . Explanation of the linear correlation between barrier heights and ideality factors of real metal-semiconductor contacts by laterally nonuniform Schottky barriers. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B , 4 , 1221 - 1226
- S. Chand , J. Kumar . Current-voltage characteristics and barrier parameters of Pd2Si/p-Si(111) Schottky diodes in a wide temperature range. Semicond. Sci. Technol. , 1680 - 1688