Fast and accurate jitter simulation technique for continuous-time ΣΔmodulators
A fast and accurate technique for modelling and simulation of clock jitter in continuous-time sigma-delta (ΣΔ) modulators is introduced. In addition to its high speed compared to the traditional jitter simulation method, the proposed technique is still continuous-time based, which is more convenient than discrete-time based jitter modelling suggested in other publications. The mathematical principle of the proposed technique, as well as simulations results, are presented and compared to other simulation techniques.
- Oliaei, O., Aboushady, H.: `Jitter effects in continuous-time ΣΔ modulators with delayed return-to-zero feedback', Proc. IEEE ICECS, 1998, Lisbon, Portugal, 1, p. 351–354.
- Benabes, P., Kielbasa, R.: `Fast clock-jitter simulation in continuous-time delta-sigma modulators', IEEE Instrumentation Measurement Technology Conf., 2001, Budapest, Hungary, p. 1587–1590.
- P. Chopp , A. Hamoui . Analysis of clock-jitter effects in continuous-time ΔΣ modulators using discrete-time models. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I , 6 , 1134 - 1145
- 1 onward link is available for this reference.
- J. Cherry , W. Snelgrove . Clock jitter and quantizer metastability in continuous-time delta-sigma modulators. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Analog Digit. Signal Process. , 6 , 661 - 676