Multi-service applications on high modal bandwidth glass multimode fibre
The work reported deals with the demonstration of the use of high modal bandwidth OM4 multimode fibre as multi-purpose transmission media for short-range indoor or outdoor applications taking advantage of the wavelength division multiplexing concept. Simultaneous transmission of a digital 10GbE signal and a radio-frequency multiband orthogonal frequency division multiplexing ultra-wide band (band group 5) signal at 480 Mbits has been successfully achieved over 1.1 km fibre length without any error and with relative constellation error (RCE) less than 5.5% rms, respectively. Concerning the radio signal, an additional 1 m-long wireless path has also been demonstrated that led to an overall RCE value of 7.2%.
- ISO 11801 – Information technology, http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=36491
- High Rate UltraWideband PHY and MAC Standard, 2008
- Kamisaka, T., Kuri, T., Kitayama, K.: `Simultaneous modulation and fibre-optic transmission of 10-Gb/s baseband and 60-GHz-band radio signals on a single wavelength', IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., 2001, 49, (10), p. 2013-2017
- 1 onward links are available for this reference.
- Gasulla, I., Capmany, J.: `Simultaneous baseband and radio over fibre signal transmission over a 5 km MMF link', Proc. of IEEE MWP/APMP, 2008, p. 209–212
- Yee, M.-L., Guo, Y.-X., Pham, V.H., Ong, L.C.: `WiMedia ultra-wide band transmission in radio over fibre using multimode fibre', Proc. 20th Annual Meeting of the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, 2007, p. 335–336