The implementation of a low-cost production-line inspection system
This article describes an application of computers to a consumer-based production engineering environment. Particular consideration is given to the utilisation of low-cost computer systems for the visual inspection of components on a production line in real time. The process of installation is discussed, from identifying the need for artificial vision and justifying the cost, through to choosing a particular system and designing the physical and program structure.
- D. Aitken , J.M. Bishop , S.A. Pepper , R.J. Mitchell . Pattern separation in digital learning nets. Electron. Lett , 11
- Bishop, J.M., Minchinton, P.R., Mitchell, R.J.: `Multi-class pattern association using neural networks', Proc. INNC &90.
- Image Inspection Ltd., Unit 7, First Quarter, Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey KT19 9QN, UK.
- Allen-Bradley Industrial Automation Products, Denbigh Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Bucks. MK1 1EP, UK.
- T.A. Designs Ltd., Station Road Industrial Estate, Maiden Newton, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 0EA, UK.
- Data Cell Ltd., Data Cell House, 10 West End Raod, Mortimer Common, Reading, Berks. RG7 3SY, UK.
- Amerace Ltd., Votec House, Hambridge Lane, Newbury, Berks. RK14 5TN, UK.