Do you know how to benefit from IET Knowledge packs?
A Knowledge Pack is a collection of credits that enables members and non-members to download journal and conference articles and eBook chapters from the IET Digital Library.
The IET Digital Library is a global repository of science, engineering and technology content that holds over 190,000 technical documents, including nearly 400 eBooks, over 1,300 conference publications, and over 70,000 journal articles.
As an IET member you are given five free downloads a year to access this valuable knowledge for your own research and continuing professional development (CPD), whenever you need it.
One download is a single article or chapter. Non-members will need to purchase a Knowledge Pack to begin downloading.
Don’t worry about running out, as IET members can buy additional packs of 25 credits for just £25 (excl. VAT) per pack, a significant saving on the non-member price of £75 (excl. VAT) per pack of 10 credits.
Getting Started with your Knowledge Pack
- On a Journal article, Book chapter or Conference article page you'll see the option to purchase the content through buying a Knowledge Pack.
- Select 'Add to cart' and go through the checkout process. You will then be able to purchase the publication using one of your credits. Simply click 'Use KP', click on the confirm button that will pop up and the content will then be accessible straight away. You will need to save the PDF to your computer within 48 hours, after 48 hours the PDF will no longer be available for download.
- You'll see there is a counter on the 'Use KP' button, this will tell you how many credits you have remaining. You'll also be able to see this by clicking on your 'My Account' link and selecting 'View Credits'. This will allow you to see how many credits you have remaining and when they expire.
- When you're running low on credits an automated email will be sent to you, reminding you to top up.
- Credits must be used within a year of being purchased.